Meet the Team
Animal Outfitters is a game of two halves - half human (Lillian and Michael), half Miniature Schnauzer (Rio and Hudson).
That's Rio on the left, our Supermodel and Operations Director; he loves his job and being a schnauzer has a lot to say for himself! Hudson is new to the team; he came to live with us in October 2020 when he needed a new home and fits like a glove, give or take the odd domestic.
Like you, we love to spoil our pets and make them feel special. We were after high quality pet accessories that were functional and stylish. Too much to ask? Apparently. So we decided to design our own instead, and in 2014 Animal Outfitters was born.
Why choose Animal Outfitters?
- Pets Come First: the comfort and safety of your pet underpins our design philosophy and what we do. Products are designed to look good and age well.
- New Zealand Born and Bred: our own brand products are designed and made in NZ wherever possible, directly supporting local Kiwi businesses.
- Small Production Runs: unique exclusive products so your pet can stand out from the crowd.
- Personalised Service: we recognise great customer service and promise to help you however we can.
- Inspired: our own pets are a source of design inspiration, along with ideas from our fans. Please get in touch if you have an idea, we'd like to hear from you.
- Featured: our products have been featured across leading media including Kia Ora (Air New Zealand in-flight magazine), Nadia magazine, Woman's Day magazine, The Avenues magazine, and presented to Ellen De Generes and her dogs. The business was featured across Fairfax media in Nov-16, and on Re:News in Jun-19.
We're passionate about our dogs and what we do. Animal Outfitters is our way of sharing a piece of that with you and your pet.
Our story on Re:News
TVNZ's digital news platform (Jun-19)